June 2012 Bosmopolitan
June Board Meeting Minutes
In Attendance: Rob and Roxanne W., Ray G., John and Mom Z., Dave L., Mark B., Bryan E., then eventually Ray S. and Dick M.
Toast @ 7:05 PM
May board meeting minutes were approved.
Bloat Open: 168 entries were judged. Mark B. and Andy M. will bring certificates and score sheets to the June club meeting. It was noted that a number of winners were newer members.
June Club Meeting: Wait, we don’t have a topic?!? Ray G. to quick devise plan.
House Bill 356: The club received notice that this bill was being brought forward for the first stages of consideration for voting. This bill would increase the alcohol limit on beer in Ohio from 12% to 21%. Rep. Dan Ramos, the bill’s sponsor, was requesting public support for the bill. Ray G. and Roxanne W. are each writing up letters of support for the bill.
Elections: Elections in November. Need to explain how elections will work with new Code of Conduct and since there are so many new members since the last election who are unfamiliar with our process. Details to be discussed repeatedly for next several months.
Suggestion to add language such as “What can you do to help the club?” or something similar to the club
IRS filing: No major news on the club’s application for non-profit social club status. It should still be a few more weeks before we hear back from the IRS.
Club insurance: Need to get IRS status complete before we can pursue this, but at the point to start making contacts. Ray G. to talk to Gary Glass and Chris “Crispy” Frey for contacts on insurance companies that may be interested.
Beer and Sweat: Blank Slate to pick from the first place winners for a beer for a Pro-Am entry; be sure to include in promotional literature. Andy M. has presented contract negotiation to Drawbridge Inn for the 2013 Beer and Sweat. We have not yet received a reply. Also have not heard back yet on price for additional security (if so desired) at Beer and Sweat.
Garagemahal Brewout: Set for July 7th. Come out and brew!
Bloat Swag: Distribution delayed due to technical difficulties. Will notify club as soon as shirts are ready.
Starting to drain the Flanders Red Solera. Will start mentioning details to club now that worst wait is over. Ray S. proposed that the club purchase another barrel so we can increase club participation. Board approved.
July board meeting will be hosted by the Meyers.
Meeting adjourned at 8:48 PM.
Overheard at the board meeting: “She must be on top all the time.” -Dave Leborveau
Have you recently toured a brewery, been to a new favorite beer bar, or have some other beer related news you’d like to share with the club? Let us know and we’ll include it in the newsletter.