Become a Member / Renew Membership
Your first step to enlightenment (and membership) starts here:
Membership dues are set at $30 per year and provide a Family Membership. Benefits of membership include email updates of club events, access to club events such as the members-only Bloatarian Open competition held each May, Beer & Sweat in August and the January Holiday Social.
BBL acts as a social organization and we promote the idea of members interacting and attending the monthly meetings. We have member cards available at each of the monthly functions. If you are a new member ask at the sign in desk for your card!
In September 2014, the board decided to participate in the new AHA club insurance program. This program provides more extensive coverage than our previous general liability policy. The major differences are that it covers all club sponsored activities (meetings, group brews, campout, Beer & Sweat, etc.). It also provides liquor liability coverage. The previous general liability policy only covered monthly membership and board meetings. Other events required a separate policy. We purchased a separate policy for Beer & Sweat but many other events were left uncovered. We had no liquor liability coverage under the former policy. While the coverage in the AHA program is more extensive than our previous policy the premiums are also slightly higher. At the December 2014 board meeting, the board decided to raise the dues for 2015 to $30 for a family membership to cover this additional expense.
BBL Membership Benefits
(or “how I can benefit from the thirty bucks I gave to that slightly inebriated guy who was standing over by the kegs”)
- Access to experienced brewers and judges in an informal social setting to discuss brewing methods, tasting/judging and beer styles
- Monthly membership meetings with educational presentations, opportunities for face to face communication, occasional meetings where commercial beers are provided and tasty post-meeting eats from the grill
- Opportunity to sample member homebrews at club social events like the monthly meeting where there is an opportunity to socialize with other members
- Admission to club competitions such as Beer & Sweat and Bloat Open for member and spouse (walk-in admission only – judged homebrew entries may be additional). New members receive free entry to Bloat Open homebrew competition.
- 10% club discount at local homebrew supply shops (Listermann’s, Brew Monkeys) when showing your BBL membership card
- Added to BBL mailing list for club event, beer events around town and general news
- Access to group buys on brewing supplies
- BBL oval bumper sticker
- Invite to the Member Holiday Social
- Become a part of the largest and original homebrewing club in Cincinnati!
By continuing and paying dues I agree that I am applying for membership in the Bloatarian Brewing League and have read the BBL Membership Application and agree to its terms and conditions.